Good things come in small packages, like UCO’s compact Survival Stormproof Matches. Diminutive but dependable, these small fire starters will light in any weather—and will easily relight even after being submerged in water. Whether you’re summiting, sailing or savoring singletrack, pack a few of these matches in your survival kit. If you ever need them, you’ll be more than glad that you did.
- Sealed bag contains 10 compact windproof and waterproof matches
- Matches are easy to light and will relight after being submerged in water
- Lights campfires, stoves, gas-barbecues, etc.
- Burn Time (up to): 12 seconds; Length: 2.125" (5.4 cm)
CAUTION: For outdoor use by adults only. Carefully monitor lit matches until completely burned. Store extra strikers in protective sleeves after use to keep dry. Store matches separately from strikers to prevent accidental ignition.Read Important survival tips for starting a fire when you really need one: Fire Starting 101 Series
- For lighting a match, it is ideal if the striker is a firm surface which can usually be achieved by just closing the box.
- If striker and box become wet, the striker will still work, but needs to dry first so that the surface is once again firm. Use a spare striker until then.
- If matches become wet, just wipe dry before use.
- Strike away from the body or in a downwards position. Be careful of bystanders.
- Be careful when striking the match since sparks can fly off the igniting head.
- After using the match, run it in water to be certain that it will not light anything else on fire.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including carbon monoxide, soot and other combustion by-products, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov